97 jeep cherokee speaker problem

the right speaker is very faint and comes on full strength after the heater has been going on for a while in cold months

I took out the radio and cleaned the connections, etc. which seemed to make a difference but maybe it coincided with a warm day...

anybody else has this silly problem? and know how to fix it?

MK

Reply to
muratk

Could easily be a bad speaker. Any chance there is some moisture in it that freezes? Or is cold not that cold...

If not the speaker, I'd suspect the connectors, just as you did.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's moisture related but more likely that some metal connectors or damaged wires expand with heat and start making better contact.

I was just probing to see if anyone else had already done any troubleshooting and pinpointed the problem, before I starter poking around myself...

MK

Reply to
muratk