97' TJ A/C Problem..

Hello,

I am having a problem with my A/C and heat. The A/C works and is nice and cold but when I turn it to the highest setting it cuts off. Nothing blows or anything.

It is fine on the first three settings. Strnage I haven't been able to figure this one out. Anyone had this happen before and might now a possible solution.

Thanks for any help!!!

SP

Reply to
sp

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ok.. I know where that is.. I can't seem to tell from the link which relay it is? I tried changing the one in the dash but not at the PDC box by the battery. How can I tell which relay it is in the PDC?

Thanks A Bunch!!

SP

Reply to
sp

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Duh.. That was bad.. Oh well..

If I take out the A/C relay .. I it still blows on settings 1-3 but not 4 just not cold.. with it in the air is cold.

I will due some more testing when I get home from you're link.. I have no tools here at work.

Thanks again..

SP

Reply to
sp

This is for a 99 I think, but it sounds like your problem:

Recall 99V117000: Instrument Panel Ground Screws Loose

The left side and right side instrument panel wiring ground attachment screws could loosen over time. If the left side screw loosens, the instrument panel gauges may not function when the headlamps are turned on. If the right side screw loosens, the defroster blower motor may not function.

Dealers will remove the ground screws, drill a new pilot hole adjacent to the original hole, and the screws will be reinstalled in the new holes.

Owner notification began May 31, 1999. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chrysler at 1-800-992-1997. Also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Mike

sp wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain