97 TJ Big Trouble

I am getting ready for my emissions testing. I changed the oil/filter, plugs, wires, cap/rotor, and cleaned the throttle body. The cleaner I used was safe for O2 sensors. When I went to get the stuff Pep Boys didn't have the cap/rotor so I did the rest of the work and then picked up a cap/rotor after work yesterday. Today I put the new cap/rotor and the thing won't run. I put the old one and it won't run. I checked the plug wires and everything is right 1 - 5 - 3 -6 - 2 - 4 just like it says on top of the engine. I put the old wires and still no good. I tried to run it but it runs very badly. The catalytic converter got red hot. There is no check engine light and no codes. The only code is 12 because I disconnected the battery terminals to try to see if it needed a reset or something.

Any ideas? My suspicion is that I have the wires on wrong but I checked them at least 100 times.

I am a retard. I've done this job about 7 times to this Jeep and now I screw something up.

Thanks

Reply to
GP-TJ

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

How do I say this...

You da man!!!

I da dope. I had it going in the right firing order but wrong direction (CCW instead of CW).

I guess I am semi-retarded since I had it kind of right.

Reply to
GP-TJ

(CCW instead of CW). I guess I am semi-retarded since I had it kind of right.>

That dyslexia will get you every time...

(What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac do? Stays up all night wondering if there really may be a dog!)

Reply to
Jerry McG

Nah, full retard. ;-)

Reply to
bllsht

bllsht did pass the time by typing:

I was thinking about 180 retard, but what do I know.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
GP-TJ

I am we todd did I am so we todd did I am sofa king we todd did

Reply to
Carlo