97 Wrangler Check Engine light

I have a '97 Wrangler, 27000 miles on it, and the check engine light came on recently when the car was pretty heavily loaded (it's a 4 cyl). I've tried the ignition key cycle trick from

to read the error code, but it justdoesn't work for me - the check engine light never blinks error codes likethe page says. Does the trick only work for older Jeeps? Is there any wayfor me to read the error code myself? Thanks.

-- Regards, Modemch

Reply to
Sergey Ivanyuk

L.W.(ßill)

You mean there are some jeeps made within a certain six month period that don't respond to the ignition switch sequence? Heh, my luck strikes again.

What do you mean by "give it enough time to run the self diagnostics"? I don't recall seeing anything like this on the sierrajeep page, when does it run the diagnostics - in between the last ignition switches?

Regards, Modemch

Reply to
Sergey Ivanyuk

Reply to