97 ZJ 5.2 radiator drain

How far does the radiator drain on the 97 5.2 ZJ unscrew? It turned a quarter turn easily then seemed to hit a stop. It's not draining, and attempting to rod out the fitting through the hole at the bottom met solid resistance. Is there a trick I've missed?

Reply to
J. Clarke

L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Well, turns out it's a quarter turn and pull.

Reply to
J. Clarke

That's a new one on me. :/ The original one on the 93ZJ unscrewed then barfed antifreeze out the central hole. The replacement is more like a water faucet crossed with a lawn sprinker. Can't get a hose on it. Last time I just put a siphon in the radiator and worked it that way.

Reply to
DougW

I like it when they drip on the frame or the radiator support, and it comes out a few feet away. ;^)

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton