97TJ blinkers/part 2

the hazards work fine and the switch is in the proper spot. I replaced the blinker fuse and it had no effect. NOW I have an aftermarket alarm (Sidewinder) that has a red light on top of the steering column. Since my trouble running down the battery, that alarm is always loaded and ready to blow. I have to hit the defeat switch to start the Jeep. The alarm was off for

2 years and I ignored it as a function & admit to not knowing shat about it, but I could take it to the installer. Could this have some effect on the blinkers being dead?
Reply to
Calvin8tor

Calvin8tor did pass the time by typing:

Have you swapped the emergency flasher unit for the blinker unit? Both should be located in the same area and they are interchangeable.

Reply to
DougW

I sent you email, Calvin. Check it out.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

One flasher handles both jobs.

Reply to
bllsht

That was the way I read the schematic, too. No one else seemed to agree. I am leaning toward a multifunction switch.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Oh well, so much for that idea. Never worked on a vehicle that used only one blinker module. "It's a Jeep thing..." I suppose. :/

Can you jumper the harness, bypass the switch, and find out that way?

Reply to
DougW

Your blinkers have a fuse and a flasher unit. Did you try swapping the flasher unit with the emergency flasher unit?

I can't see the alarm messing up, well... I take that back, does the alarm set off the horn and signals when it fires off?

If so, then there is very likely your problem.

Mike

Calv>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Ya man, how cheap can chrysler go? I have never seen a single flasher either.

My guess is the alarm...

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Well, when you know everything, you can't be bothered by some guy with a schematic. LOL

There's still the possibility of it being a blown fuse. The hazards are powered by unswitched battery power, while the turn signals are switched B+. Two different fuses. All the fancy stuff is done in the MFS, so that's a pretty good guess if it's not a fuse.

Reply to
bllsht

Figures, just one more 'easy' test taken away from the average user eh.

No more 'just swap the flashers' to test them. Now it's 'go spend some money' to test them.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain