98 TJ Shifter Knob

All right I broke the boot on the 5 speed shifter this winter since it stiffens in the cold. I have acquired a new boot but I need to know now is how to remove the shifter knob. So if anybody has a link or instructions on how to remove the shifter knob I would appreciate it.

Thanks

-- Chris

98 TJ
Reply to
Chris Buss

My 99 it just screwed off ...

Reply to
Morrissey

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

There is a locknut underneath the plastic shift-pattern that must be loosened, or at least it is supposed to be loosened before the knob can be spun off. Use a small screwdriver to pry the plastic shift-pattern out and you'll see the locknut underneath. Once it has been loosened, the knob can be unscrewed off the threaded shift lever.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford