98 xj gas tank noise

ive noticed that sometimes not always, that there is a sloshing and i dont mean the gas, noise in my gas tank. almost sounds likes something is loose but havent had any problems. any ideas. thanks john jr

Reply to
jeep

You still transporting moonshine?

Reply to
billy ray

There was a time... when an evil trick was to put a few marbles down the filler tube of someone's gas tank...

I remember a guy telling me he'd done it once to one of his buddies.. drove the guy insane looking for what was making the noise.

Reply to
Kate

Heck, on my ZJ you'd probably never hear the marbles over the other noises. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Kate

I believe that it is the fuel guage's sensor/sending unit that I hear in my '98 XJ - only when the tank is nearly completely full.

js

Reply to
lou