'99 JGC - Problem with Lights

Some time ago, the lights my '99 JGC started turning on by themselves. This would happen some hours after I parked the vehicle. This occurred intermittently over a two or three week period. One morning, the Jeep was dead. The new batter had run down. I think that it was the light issue. I was told that the cause was probably the switch for the auto headlights feature and that I should turn the headlights on manually from now on. I have been doing this, to my dismay, as this is a feature that I like in the Jeep. I haven't had it checked out by the dealer yet but now the lights sometimes don't turn off when I manually turn them off. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Ellie Rose

you need fault codes pulled from the bcm before any money is spent on parts

Ellie Rose wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

sounds like the multifunction switch has gone bad.

Reply to
Mark12211