A/C and heater dials quit working 99 Jeep Wrangler Sport

I am trying to determine if I have a big problem or a small problem on my hands. A couple days ago I would have the A/C on and it would just quit - I'd give it a little "love tap" and it would come back on. Well that is no longer working. The only dial that seems to respond is the one that goes between A/C and regular air - I can hear a slight hissing sound like it is trying to switch back and forth. So, I took the dash off and I really have no idea where to go next. Does this sound like an A/C problem or an electrical problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Maggie

Reply to
Maggie

You are not clear on 'what' quit.

If you are talking the fan quit, then you can just replace the fan switch. It would appear that Jeep has a big run of defective switches. Even new ones are coming bad out of the box, so it is best to test it before bolting it all together.

If the sales desk guy wants to sell you the whole cluster, tell him to dig deeper, the switch is less than $20.00.

Mike

Mike Romain