ABS Controller Module?

Anybody heard of a ABS controller fail? I never heard of it. Mopar wants something like $600 for a new one. Used one is $175.00 not to tuff to do the math. Opinions welcomed....It's on a 97 JGC Ltd

Reply to
skutr

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

skutr did pass the time by typing:

Very rare. It's far more likely the connector has become contaminated. My 93 has had this problem four times since new. All due to road grime buildup in the connector. I need to build a shield.

Try this first.

1) disconnect the negative battery cable 2) remove the ABS computer connector
remove the connector shell and clean the connector with contact cleaner. note: be very careful, contact cleaner eats paint I've found it handy to remove the airbox lid and filter then set a plastic bag in there with some paper towels4) pack the mating side of the connector with dielectric grease 5) reconnect the connector and the battery.
Reply to
DougW

Reply to
mic canic