ABS Question

Well look like my problem with my abs is the passenger TONE WHEEL. Mechanic said he had to replace the whole axle, Some theet on the TONE WHEEL are completely gone. Can anyone tell me if the parts imself can be replace ? or i really need to replace the axle ?

Thank you

96 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 L 4x4

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511

snipped-for-privacy@bellnet.ca

Le CLone

He is right unfortunately.

The big question is what happened to the teeth during the recent cleaning.

Or you really need that shield on there because the first piece of rock gravel you drove over in their driveway jumped up and broke teeth. I find that kinda hard to believe.....

I guess them just plain crumbling to dust during the clean would be believable enough though. I just looked at your email address..... LOL!

When you pull the axle, the odds are also good the inner seal will get damaged. At that age it will likely be dry or salt rotted.

The rotors are under a rust recall though. Maybe you can get the shield and axle replaced under the same one? LOL! Not likely, but you can get new rotors free anyway.

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Worst case is he'll have to replace the axle shaft, not the entire axle. But that tone wheel is only pressed on so you can either retrieve one off a wrecked Jeep, pull the axle shaft with the tone ring already on it from a wrecked Jeep, or just get a new axle shaft from the dealer. But no way do you need the entire axle.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford