Adjusting Bestop soft upper doors fit?

I recently purchased some Bestop soft upper doors based on their claim "fits original soft top". Well the truth is they seem to sit too far forward on my half doors. The weather stripping does not even make contact with the plastic window frames from the top curve all the way down to the door leaving a 1/4" gap. The front canvas somewhat overlaps the windshield frame as well.

I thought I read once that when the soft upper doors are installed at the Jeep factory, the frames are bent by hand to assure a weather tight fit for each individual Jeep. Anybody ever heard of this? I'm not crazy about trying to custom bend my new $250 frame posts, I wish I could just swap the skins onto my old frames, The original factory windows fit and sealed perfectly.

Rich M

98TJ
Reply to
Rich M

Oh, and just to clarify...it's not that the windows are bowed out from the plastic frame, the rear weather strip is completely forward of the plastic frame leaving the 1/4" gap.

Rich M

98TJ
Reply to
Rich M