Advice on 1988 Jeep Wagoneer 4.0L Auto

Hi. I'm soon to be the owner/inheritor of a 1988 Jeep Wagoneer 4.0 L 6 cylinder with an automatic trannie. It only has 19 K miles on it and has been garaged the whole time.

My questions concern the general thoughts about a car of this age sitting for that period of time (even if garaged and driven on occasion) as well as what that year meant for Jeep. I seem to recall that 1988 was the year that AMC-Jeep-Renault went to Chrysler. Was this then a bad year for Jeeps? Any particular good things/bad things to be looking at with this vehicle?

Any tips from folks about parts? Where's a good place too go for the older Jeeps (I guess this isn't all that old by some standards as some folks are probably still driving around in WW II era Jeeps).

Thank you for your advice and please excuse cross-posting with alt.jeep-l.

Reply to
Werdi