Advice on tyre carriers / rocker rails (Jeeperman / 4WD / LoD)??

Hi All,

I have been looking for tyre carrier/rear bumper and rocker rails for some time. Three products that I liked from reading their websites:

1) Jeeperman - do ship their products overseas. The bumper is 60" which will protect the rear quarters.

2) LoD Offroad - they are really competitively priced, but my emails keep bouncing back to me.

3) Generic 4WD brand tyre carrier/bumper from
as they ship overseas as well.

Anybody have any comments on their products? Good, bad or ugly? I tried Warn's local dealer here and they only carry winches and nothing else. I would prefer to stick to one style front/sides/back, therefore, same manufacturer. I don't have a need to tow anything, so a hitch receiver is not really required for me.

I have just today been told by the local Jeep dealer that they would be bringing in RHD Unlimiteds next year.... He couldn't say anything else, especially whether Rubi would be introduced here or not. It all depends on what the Australian/New Zealand market demand is combined. Time to start saving for trading in my wife's car.

Thanks guys in advance.

TW

--------- '01 TJ Renegade 4.0L Auto D30/D44

265/75R16 BFG Muds, JKS Quick Discos, OME Lift, 1" MML, 1" BL
Reply to
TW

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Can't comment on LoD, howver the Jeeperman stuff is really top drawer quality. Stout as any out ther and seems to have a nice modular system. If you have a way to get Durango 4x4's stuff you'll also find them to be very good as well. Warn makes a nice compronmise between quality & cost. Not the best, but far from the worst. Just my opinion, but some of the stuff 4WD and Quadratec sell as house brands tend to be cheap, offsore knock offs. It's the same old story: "Ya's pays yer money & ya's makes yer choice."

Reply to
SoK66

Nope. The guy said he can import what I want as a special order (and probably charge through the roof). We can get ARB front bars, but not much in Warn. Do you have any other ideas for my not so real Jeep??

Thanks TW

Reply to
TW

Great, I am tempted by Jeeperman stuff. I am a little worried about customer service from LoD if the only to contact them is by calling (in my case from another country).

I'll have a look at Durango 4x4 stuff as well.

Thanks TW

Reply to
TW

I had the warn bumpers on my '04 Rubi ..... I luckily got rid of them the look good but the steel was very soft. and was easily bent. have since replaced them with another product. Which I am testing out now I will keep you posted.

Larry

Reply to
extremetj

I had a great experience with LoD. Both with the product (a bumper/tire carrier that has been used and abused on the trail) and with the customer service. They kept me in the loop as to when it would ship. I recommended them to a friend with a CJ -- he bought both front and rear. Another friend bought a new tire carrier -- took him a little while as LoD has been swamped with orders. But he's glad he went that route.

There are other great products -- they just cost a lot more and I don't think they provide that much more capability for the price.

Eric

By the way -- I talked with Eddie at 4x4xplor - snipped-for-privacy@4x4xplor.com

Reply to
Eric

I just had to chime in. My Warn front bumper is bent slightly back and up. I just slipped in the mud and touched a tree. I mean, barley touched it. I was amazed that it bent. My rear bumper, Wilderness, has been through some rough treatment and the paint is still good. I have the Wilderness tire carrier (35"). Pricy, but a great setup.

MY 2C's.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Great, that feedback is now coming in. Can you tell me which alternative are you experimenting with. Unfortunately with high shipping costs to get stuff downunder (I am in New Zealand), I can't experiment that much or that frequently.

TW

Reply to
TW

Do you have their fax number? I have chatted with Eddie and he is only helping LoD (doesn't sell them himself as such). I do love the price, it half of what I have seen for other products.

I don't mind the wait for an order to arrive as my current setup is surviving for now.

TW

Reply to
TW

This is brilliant, so Warn is now out of the picture. I might have a look again at Wilderness tyre carrier.

BTW, I have bumped a couple of trees and a concrete pillar with my factory stock front bumper (minus the plastic end bits) and it is still in good shape with no damage. I did crack my fibreglass fender flare in the process though.

Thanks TW

Reply to
TW

No, sorry I didn't deal with a fax. I just paid him using 4x4xplor.com and communicated via email after that. Never had any issues. Of course as more folks find out how good the LoD products are, he's just getting swamped with orders.

Reply to
Eric