Aftermarket air cleaner cover '89 YJ

I was having trouble with the pulse air emission system and water was going into my air cleaner. Now, the inside of the air cleaner top is rusty and small rust particles are getting into my carb, which causes me to frequently clean my idle tubes, etc. Is there an aftermarket air cleaner cover, or must I try to get the original?

Thanks, Joe '89 YJ 4.2

Reply to
Joe C

Is a new cover from the dealer more expensive than a wire brush and a can of Rustoleum?

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

I wish you would have posted 1 day earlier. Mine just went out with the trash. Perfect condition. I kept it in the attic for 10 years! Sorry. Jim

88 Grand Wagoneer 89 Wrangler 00 Grand Cherokee
Reply to
Jim Boucher

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Take a look inside the cover, a good part of the underside is unreachable with any tool.

Joe

Reply to
Joe C