Air compressor reccomendations?

Trying to figure out what compressor to get for the garage. My trusty R-22 bottle and minipump just isn't going to cut it. :)

Seems the only way to get enough umph for a grinder is to go with at least 7.5 CFM @ 90 PSI. At that rate the compressor gets too big and probably much more than I need. What I want is a hotdog or dual hotdog setup, but they only go so far. Guess a standup would be ok, just have to find where to put it. And unless I run another outlet, 120VAC is the source voltage.

The most common application (apart from airing up tires) will be an impact wrench (butterfly and/or ratchet style). Doubt I'll ever paint with it so oiled/oilless doesn't make beans for difference.

Clues?

Reply to
DougW

You doubt you'll ever paint with it but I almost garantee that you will at some point. Bite the bullet and get something like the 60 gallon upright 7 hp made by cambell hausfield at Home depot. You'll need to run a 240v outlet. I got one six months ago and gave my old 3 hp to my brother. Only problem isthe intake is noised and the sixty gallon tank rings like a bell when it's running. But with that much reserve you can do a lot without it ever coming on The pancake ones are fine for nail guns and tires but not much more. I have a 2 hp one for portability. They might be enough to power a air wrench for a short burst. JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Harbor Freight SEEMS to have some 'possibly' good compressors at a good price.

Buy a good one that will have enough reserve and CFM for you and it will last decades! And then you can sell it! lol So I agree with Jo Bo!

I had to find many components to put together my Ole Air Compressor, with a motor here, a compressor pump there, here a line, there a control, everywhere an air hose. E I E I owe! lol

later, dave AKA vwdoc1 With a homebuilt air compressor and a good one that was donated to me and is in my way taking up space! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Here is the one I have.

It sure works great for the price. Watch for it to go on sale. I paid $439

Reply to
Ken

Check this out:

Ted Azito