Airbag & Check engine light help

I have a 2001 Cherokee Sport, 4.0, auto. Recently I have started to have the airbag light come on for a few seconds. Sometimes the check engine light comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes (not every time) when both the airbag & check engine lights are both on, I lose the tach and speedo. The airbag & check engine lights go out and everything is back to normal. Then other times the airbag, check engine stay on, I lose tach and speedo AND all other gauges plus I get a "no buss" warning where normally the mileage shows up..but again not every time. This occurs for usually no longer than around

30 secs or so. However recently the time seems to be getting longer before everything reverts back to normal. I thought a loose connection someplace, but it occurs on smooth surface streets and has not happened (yet) when I was on a rough road. Maybe a corroded connector? If so where and which ones would I clean? Any suggestions as to what the heck is going on or where I should look would be appreciated. Thanks Ed
Reply to
Ed Smith

Thanks Jeff. Looks like I'll be pulling out the Service Manual and see how to remove the cluster. I'm an old guy so I know what you are talking about as far as the eraser goes. Have to think it's not a fun or easy job. Thanks so much for the info. Ed

Reply to
Ed Smith

The buss runs independent of grounds.

Reply to