Another Newbie Question...........

We got a CB radio for the jeep. Hubby mounted it on the bottom of dashboard just above the accelerator pedal. First time we drove it, he cussed it, then removed it. Is there any GOOD place to mount a CB where driver can reach the thing and still be able to reach everything to drive? We have a soft top right now and half doors, if that helps any. Right now the CB is in the glove compartment LOL. Thanks again.......sure hope you guys have some answers for us :-) We really love this so far - it's our toy, but just a few frustrating things we've encountered........thank you!

Reply to
jeepers kreepers!

My brother used to have a Scrambler and we just mounted the CB on the roof (Well on the roll cage as the cab had been crushed) that worked great. easy acess etc.. Also you can mount it on the trans hump just by your leg.. I have seen that a lot and it seems to work well... you may want to just get some double sided tape and mount it in a few different places to see what works best for you

Reply to
UtahCherokee01

You didn't say what you were driving, but consider one of these:

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > We got a CB radio for the jeep. Hubby mounted it on the bottom of

Reply to
twaldron

You dont say what you are driving or what kind/size of cb.

In my TJ I got a small Uniden and it sits behind the shift lever blocking the ashtray (that I dont use anyway).

Reply to
jbjeep