Anyone got a CJ7 Steering shaft?

My under hood steering shaft on my 86 CJ7 is getting really sloppy at the lower u-joint and needs to get replaced.

I can get it rebuilt locally with greasable u-joints for about $175.00 I think it is, but really don't have the cash right now.

Anyone in Canada or close to Ontario Canada have a used one that isn't totally shot they would part with reasonably?

I'll trade an old 88 Cherokee for a new one. :-)

Thanks,

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Mike, I replaced my factory steering shaft with a Borgeson. They're pricey ($240) but it was a very noticeable improvement. I thought my steering box was going bad because the steering was all over the place. Just by chance, I replaced my steering shaft with a borgeson shaft and the Jeep drives straight as an arrow now. I dont work for Borgeson, but I can tell you from experience, it's a great product...and great customer service. my two cents.

Anthony T

I haven't had 'any' income since last August so am looking for a cheap used one to get me by.

As mentioned, I can get mine rebuilt with grease fittings on the joints for a couple hundred.

Mike

Anth> Mike,

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sorry Mike, I understand. I hope you get some income soon.

Reply to
Anthony T