Anyone try out the WARN gas tank skidplate?

From what i have seen, warn has begun selling gas tank skidplate for jeep wrangler yj's and tj's. Its design is based directly on Kilby's gas tank skidplate. It lifts the tank itself 1" just like Kilby's and its also a bolt in setup. It's also only $156.95 on quadratec.com, significatly cheaper than the kilby skidplate. I am considering getting one because of its price and warn's quality. However, before i do i'd like to hear from those who have it. Anyone out there running the Warn Fuel Tank SKidplate? How is it? Was the install difficult?

Reply to
Derek Proctor

My borther installed one on his jeep. Was relativley easy. works good, has been hit hard, and only scratched the paint.

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
Jerry McG

I just helped a friend install one of these on his TJ about 2 weeks ago. Very easy. I would say you need two people to do it; it would be difficult to jack the skid back up into place and have enough stabilization and control to get it in the right spot without another person to help.

There are plenty of writeups on the 'net to help you get it done. It really is pretty much exactly like the Kilby plate; very well built. Sad that Warn stole pretty much the exact same design, and is now undercutting the price of Kilby's by so much. I may end up going with the Warn version to save a few bucks myself, now. Oh well.

Reply to
Bob