Anza Borrego State Park -- Coyote Canyon

Hi all,

Jim Arbogast, who has been very active in the fight to reopen Coyote Canyon, asked me to forward this e-mail. At the CA4WDC BOD meeting in August the BOD members voted to support and to donate to the expenses related to this group comment.

The group is requesting that any club interested in signing on to the comment and/or in donating contact Jim Arbogast ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) and/or Candace Oathout (see contacts below).

The outcome of this comment group is not only to acquire a document that addresses concerns about the Anza Borrego Desert State Park draft plan, but to show a UNITED front with the multiple use and recreation interest groups.

If you or your club is interested contact one of the above mentioned.

Thanks,

Ginger

WHAT: The ABDSP General Plan/EIR comment deadline is Sept 13, 2004

Note: Extensive comments representing Multiple Use & Recreation interestes are currently in a draft and will be available for our community for:

1) For supporting Associations, Organizations, Friends Groups and Clubs to sign onto and support the comments and thereby show unity and diversity. 2) For these same groups to further glean through the comments that will help them construct their own comments and to further encourage individuals to do the same.

WHO'S WORKING ON THE COMMENTS: Kathleen Hayden of Back County Horseman of California (BCHC) and Jim Arbogast of CORVA have been feeding their files and input to Candace Oathout of Citizens Against Recreation Eviction (CARE). All three have been digesting the ABDSP GP/EIR. Candace has 16 yrs worth of digesting, analyzing and making comments on various agency land use plans. She recenty completed a similar collaborative effort that yeilded 45 pages of comments for the Southern Forests of SoCal. She worked extensively with Eddie Phillps of AFFA & Chris Vargas of the Warrior Society. AFFA and the Warrior's covered Candace's expenses involving her 2 trips to SoCal. Approxiately 15 supporting organizations supported and signed onto these comments. Several orgs further supported AFFA & the Warrior's $1200 gratuity to compensate Candace's hard work and signed on. Candace a past resident of California with an extensive network system &currently resides in Utah.

COMMENT COSTS FOR ABDSP GP Comments: CORVA will be taking the lead in funding these comments. CA4WDC & has committed to help fund these efforts. Last nite the Jeeping Jeepers Jeep Club (JJJC) amended my motion of supporting these comments with a $25-50 donation and increased it to $100. This check is in the mail.

WHAT'S EXPECTED FROM SUPPORTERS: Support the comments and sign on. Though not required, we are asking for any small donation(s) such as I suggested from the JJJC of $25 or possibly $50. Again this donation is not required or expected in order to sign on. If a receipt for Services Rendered is needed, Candace can take care of this.

WHAT NEXT: Send a fax to Candace at 801-733-6042 with your signature, your title or postion and the name of your Club, Freinds Group, Organization or Association. Note: When faxing, Candace may pick up the phone, therefore a small amount of coordination may be in order. If the fax doesn't go through the first time, give it another try.

John T. Smith John T. Smith - President Borrego Valley 4x4 Club

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Candace will e-mail the draft comments for your review. Contact her at: snipped-for-privacy@care-usa.org

Reply to
CRWLR