Armature Roll Pin?

I could possibly have a bad connector going into my distributor but I need to get the Armature Roll Pin mechanism out and have no idea how to do this. There's that 4-sided sorta dark beigish/reddish piece that is stopping me from pulling the first metal plate on the distributor out and testing the wires. My Clymer manual only says to check to make sure the Pin is there but doesn't mention how to remove the piece it holds in.

Wish I knew all the correct terminology ...sorry for the vagueness.

Thanks

Reply to
griffin

You should be able to tell with an ohm meter on the plug just outside the distributor. If you don't have resistance, it is dead or broke. Should be about 400 to 800 ohms on the stock setup.

Otherwise you probably need a gear puller.

Mike

griff>

Reply to
Mike Romain