Army Jeep Highway Speeds

(apologies if this gets posted twice, google burped on me)

All:

I'm considering purchasing an old army jeep for restoration, to be used as a street vehicle. I'm not that interested in a faithful restoration of the powertrain, but would like to strike a good compromise between external aesthetics and street functionality.

My main concern is with highway speeds. I've read that these old jeeps cant be ran at speeds above 45mph or so without causing serious damage to the vehicle. I looked around at some web sites, and havent been able to find much helpful information besides some references to overdrive kits. So, I'd like to ask what my options are for getting a old army jeep usable for modern streets/highways.

Thanks!

steven

Reply to
geigertube