Avenger Supercharger Feedback Wanted

I installed an Avenger SC on my 2000 4.0 TJ last May. I have been disapointed with the performance. I had earlier swapped out my 5 sp for a 700R4 AT. I was looking for improved highway performance but the results seem modest. I show boost at 4lb under max conditions. Anyone have experience with this product? I run a Rubicon throttle body, K&N air filter, the bigger injectors included with the SC kit, 33x12.50's (had 35's when I did the original install) and 4.56 gears.

Reply to
Dalewhite

Dalewhite did pass the time by typing:

Dunno. I run 5.5psi nominal on 87-92 octane. The auto tranny will rob some power as will your gears and tires. Interesting combination, I don't run an intercooler as whipplechargers don't produce enough excess heat to require them. And by the looks of the avenger site it just wouldn't fit. Keep in mind your not going to get tire-smoking results from just 4psi (or 5.5 for that matter) unless you only have rear wheel drive.

Reply to
DougW