Barrett Jackson Auction

Did any of you catch the Barrett Jackson auction? A few nice Willys' were sold for $25,000 - $58,000. Burt Reynolds custon 94' Islander (Wrangler with postal grill and custom paint) only got $9800.

How about the Oldsmobile that sold for $3,240,000.... yes 3 MILLION, to the owner of the discovery channel (John Hendricks)

Apperently it's going to a new auto museum being built about 45 minutes from where I live. The museum is mentioned here
Hendricks is buying up ALL of the land there, building million dollar homes, building a grocery store, motel, a museum (apparently), etc, all in this tiny little beatiful farming community that's 40 miles from anywhere. There's been a lot of locals that aren't big fans of his. Apparently the farmers don't like his 27,000 sqft home complete with airplane hanger, stables, guest home, and observatory. But he's offering big $$ for land so......

His house......

if the "museum" will be open to the public?

Reply to
Kevin_S

That's quite the "home" ...

Reply to
griffin

Just ran across this story

Kevin_S

I watched about 3 hours over 3 times, missed all the jeeps, also missed the 3 mil by a couple cars.

Greg