beeper

I have a 2002 TJ sport I would like to know where the dinger is, that goes off if you leave your door open with the key in it. I want to put a switch to manually turn it off, or perhaps just remove it. With the soft top there is little chance of getting locked out!

Reply to
Snowboardripper

Chad Fraker

Pull fuse #4.

This shuts off the door switches and the beeper. The inside light still works with the switch on the dash.

Mike

Snowboardripper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

There is a fuse box located on the firewall inside of the glovebox, pull fuse #4.

Reply to
CRWLR

this is what it though. I guess what will do is run a switch form the fuse so I can toggle it off and on. Are you still going on the trip Mike?

Reply to
Snowboardripper

It doesn't look like it.... :-(

Times are tight and no one can really afford the 3200 + km drive up to James Bay it seems. Gotta figure $500. or $600.00 in fuel each by the time we take side trips.

My wife and I were still going to go, but someone else just went and told us the town website has no bearing on reality.

There is only one gas stop in one 700 km stretch getting there and there are no 'tourist' related things to do up there.

There are no places that sell native foods, only one fried chicken joint, no freighter canoe trips, no diving on wrecks, you need a non existent guide to go fishing by law, no nothing. He wasn't even allowed to go into town for his 'own' safety without a personal invitation from the chief, and the chief wasn't available.

Camping is total primitive with no outhouses even.

If we had a group, then maybe we would bring our own canoes and make a trip of it, but I am still disabled so can't paddle.

So we are going local somewhere and off roading, screw it.

I will try and figure out where and if you want ot come up and join us for a few days it would be nice.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Why bother with the switch? Just pull the damn fuse and be done with it. Do you really need a reminder to take the keys out?

Reply to
CRWLR

I agree with just pulling the fuse. It is easy once you get the hang of it. Fingers work for me. I pull it and let it sit in the cup holder so I don't lose it. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes