bellhousig T5 to T176

I have a wimpy T-5 tranny in my 85 CJ7 - I'm replacing it with a T-176, will the bellhousing on the t5 work on the T176?

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Wimpy T-5???

Man you better not let any Mustang V8 owners hear you.... They use the same 'wimpy' T5 tranny behind the 5.0.

I blew a seal on mine back in 99 and lost all the gear oil. I was 25 miles from a house and limped out with it going Bang Bang, Bang in every gear including neutral. 3rd was the quietest so I used that in low range.

Put gear oil back in, changed the seal and it is still going strong 5 years later.

Mike

HomeBrewer wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

in addition to getting the correct bellhousing, don't forget that the 176 is shorter than the T-5 so the driveshafts and tunnel cover will need to be addresed.

Reply to
Onlyinajeepcj7