belt tension adjuster 1997 grand cherokee limited 5.2L V8

Removed belt, replaced idler pulley, got belt most of the way back on but cannot find how to loosen automatic belt tensioner so I can get the @#$%^&* belt back on all pulleys. Anybody got any ideas?

Reply to
cjl

Interesting. I recently changed my idler pulley and I didn't touch the adjuster at all because I used the same belt. You are implying you are using the same belt too?

I put the belt in place as I bolt the pulley in so it just tightens up back the way it was.

I don't believe mine is 'automatic', I think I have to adjust the power steering pump to adjust the belt.

Mine is a 4.0 engine though....

Mike

Mike Romain

Most automatic tensioners just have a hole in them you stick a breaker bar. Then you just pull the arm back, install the belt, and release.

Your not going to be able to move the tensioning arm just with your hands.

Reply to
DougW

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to