Bent Wheel...

Well, it has been confirmed -- I bent a wheel on my TJ. Well, I probably did that a couple of months ago, but I did it anyway. I now have a rather large number of weights on the wheel to compensate *laugh*. I never would have guessed, but when I got them balanced and rotated, the guy said "this one's bent". Great. Now I need a new rim. I went out searching, and as it turns out, the rims have been discontinued

I can order areplacement from American Racing directly for $46.75 (+ shipping I believe).If I do that, I'm going to order 2 so I can have a matching spare (I don'teven have a full size spare right now). The problem is, I don't know if itis the same size/bolt pattern as the ones I have. It seems the bolt patternis the same, but what about the offset? What about the actual size (15x7 vs15x8). I bought my TJ with these on it, so I have no clue. Is there a wayto find out other than having the tire taken off?? Which brings me to my next question. Since this bent so easily (I'm not THAT rough on them while wheeling!), should I get something else? I need to stay within a budget, so this would be the cheapest route assuming they are the same size. But, what about the AR 767s? Any other thoughts on wheels?

I know if I keep this rim I'm going to trash that tire. I can't feel any wobble now that it is in the rear, but I'm sure it is wearing that tire down fast. I have a 16-hour each way roadtrip coming up in a couple of weeks too.

Thanks guys.

Eric

99 TJ
Reply to
Eric

L.W.(ßill)

I'm guessing I have 4.5" backspace, then. Mine stick out just a bit more than stock, and I only have 30.5ish size tires.

Reply to
Eric