Best metal gas can for my TJ?

Please use shorter URLs:

wrapping of lllooonnnggg ones really sucks.Thanks

Reply to
nunya

I want to get a high-quality gas can or two to take extra gas camping, hunting, etc. Is there anythign that jumps out as being the best?

It will be carried in my trailer.

Thanks!

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The best ones that I have seen that are easily avalible come from Checker Auto if you have one close to you. metal cans sell for $30. Here is a photo from them

Reply to
Rusted

Those same Wedco cans are available online and cheap from here:

Great cans - I use two on my trailer. They are cool looking, tough and do not leak. Be sure to order the spout also. AW Direct also has mounting trays.

Ask for an AW Directcatalog - there is some cool commercial stuff like LED lighting that you don't commonly see elsewhere.

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Don't really understand the reason for this post, but just to make sure that the historical facts are correct, the "Jerrycan" was a WWI invention by Germany.

John Benito

So you boycot Daimler/ Chrysler also? And all the Japanese auto makers? And all the US automakers who use Japanese content in their cars? And practically the _entire_ consumer electronics industry?

Isn't WWII long over?

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

They are the best I have had. I got mine from AW Direct. Even though they are not California legal, they shipped them. I coated them with a gas tank coating, Red-Kote, so they should never rust inside. Blitz cans are too thin, drop one full and it will bend.

Reply to
Paul Calman

My local store sells them for $29.99 and the online price looks $32.99.

Reply to
Rusted

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Instead of buying a metal can which will eventually rust buy a mil spec one. They are very good and never rust out or dent. I have 2 and wouldn't trade them for any other can.

Reply to
Richard Harris

Heck, even the GI's in WWII recognized that the German style can was superior. They threw out their leak-prone American designed cans when they were able to get their hands on the Jerry cans.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I believe that jerrycans shared an origin with a very similar looking ammunition carrier.I remember seeing some pictures somewhere a long time ago, but I cant remember where.

Reply to
Mike

Some years back there were stainless steel cans on the market. Haven't seen them for some time. Does anyone know if they are still manufactured?

Reply to
K Horner