Bigger Injectors

Ok.. I just got an email from a guy that sells bigger injectors for Jeeps.. He claims that I can put in 24lb injectors in my 2.5L with out mods... Here is a part of the email he sent me...

"Ben - I sell upgraded Bosch Design III (p/n 0280155710) sets for your Jeep - this injector will provide a 4% increase in fuel without the need for any other mods to the fuel or air intake systems.

Price for the set is $144 plus shipping."

This is the site I went too...

I was wonder if that is true.. I thought that the MPI was controlled by the computer and the computer would have to be changed out in order to take full advantage of the new injectors.. Or will the computer detect the new injectors and adjust for them... Just trying to do some simple mods to the 4 hamster wheels..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Ben did pass the time by typing:

Sure, they will dump more fuel in. What is your engine going to do with it though? Ans: It's going to shorten the injector pulse to put the mix back to where it is supposed to be. Which if your not careful is rich at idle. That will cause excess carbon buildup and kill the cat.

The only reason for larger injectors is if you plan to force more air into the engine with either a supercharger or a turbocharger and do not want to increase fuel pump pressure or throw in a larger pressure regulator.

A good first step would be to bore out your TB and install a cat-back exhaust.

4.0 TBs should fit work with mods.
Reply to
DougW

As Doug says, you need air to go with that fuel. OK if you have a turbo or supercharger, but otherwise worthless. A larger T/Body is useless unless you plan on driving with the "pedal to the metal" all the time. At anything other than wide open throttle, you won't gain a bit.

Reply to
bllsht

Thanks for the info.. Looks like I am stuck with the 4banger for awhile... Start saving up for a 4.0L or maybe just drop in a V8... Come on lottery!!! LOL

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Maybe it's the combo of things -- I don't know -- but I disagree. Of course I don't have a dyno to prove any of it. A number of forums/groups/sites I visited said that swapping out the 4.0l TB was the best mod. Adding the intake and exhaust make more sense (bigger TB can't pull in more air if the air is already at full volume and what's it going to do with all that air/fuel if the exhaust is still super-restrictive). Yes, I know the first restriction is at the cat...

My intake (Airaid), 4.0L TB, and dynomax cat-back allow me to run on the highway a lot better than stock drivetrain TJs with 33s. I still use 5th quite a bit (not on long uphill grades).

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And then get an inertia ring, electric fan, MSD ignition, TB spacer, and a K&N. Add up all those HP increase claims and you will have that 2.5L putting out like an eight cylinder!

Reply to
JimG

No! No! No! Like a dog chasing a car, what will it do with after it catches it? Also, like putting a 1 inch drain under a 10 inch fawcet, pretty soon you are all wet.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Oh yes... Thanks! Now we are up to big block status!

JimG

Reply to
JimG

JimG did pass the time by typing:

(first, put down the coffee and move the cat)

Next....

And just when you think it can't possibly get any wierder.

DougW