Birds of a feather

Went shopping the other day, when I parked Libby was all by herself. When I got back she had some company.

Three others had joined her, looked like girls night out. Mine is the one on the right, in the middle.

Funny, I have only noticed this phenomenon with Jeeps and Mustangs others don't seem to gather in herds like this.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Works with big dump trucks too, especially at the diner around lunch time.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Hmm... we have an F250, *they* don't seem to do it. When I was driving a Chevy PU, *they* didn't do it either.

I just thought it was cool. I thought I should go in to the store and have them page "Will the person driving the Jeep Liberty please return to your vehicle" just to see what happened - that would be so evil though. Prolly get my ass whipped.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

That's because you only own Jeeps and Mustangs. If you had a Suburban, you would notice that they do the same.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

---snippy---

Not by a Liberty owner. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
RoyJ

It's the same mechanism as the Jeep Wave. Some Cherokee drivers do it too.

KJ.Kate wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I love it! And I'm gonna have to start carrying my camera...

Seahag

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

: Not by a Liberty owner. ;^) : : Earle :

If it was THIS Liberty owner, prolly not LOL It would be a lot more fun BSing.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

ROFLMFAO!!!

*Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!*

How's that Roy? Did I do good? Did I ? huh huh??

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Ya know... THAT is weird, but it's not just the Libertys. it's all things with 7 slots. I have done it and had it happen. Inevitably there is another (one or more) Jeep parked next to or in the nearby spaces when I come back out of any store. It's a noticable grouping. We joke about "Jeep parking only"

I told a guy that once when I was driving the Mustang. He parked next to mine and another next to it, I laughed and told him it was "Mustang parking only" he got all flutterbustered and apologized ans was going to move his truck. I was laughing when I said it and then realized he took me seriously. When I told him I was just teasing, he got kinda pissed off.

The WAVE - I think in Henderson county, I am the only one that waves but those old farmers will break their goddamn arms waving at my husbands truck.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

We had been out caching, it was in the back. I try to take a jeep pic at each cache we find, logging the visit and all that. Gives me something to do.

So... you gonna post those photos when you take em or what?

KJK

: >

: >

: > Three others had joined her, looked like girls night out. : > Mine is the one on : > the right, in the middle. : >

: > Funny, I have only noticed this phenomenon with Jeeps and : > Mustangs : > others don't seem to gather in herds like this. : >

: >

: > KJK : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Yah sure...I've been kind of flustered lately, got spring fever really bad and ended up getting a job with a local greenhouse by accident. I'm turning into someone new, I'm actually happy most of the time! Wierd.

Seahag

"KJ.Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

Have camera, will snapshot.

If I _don't_ take my camera with me, I will inevitably miss something.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Hi Kate:

Heh, heh. That happens all the time with Wranglers.

Tom

KJ.Kate (please ask) wrote:

Reply to
xyzz4569

My parking lot philosophy:

I think there are 'car people' and there are 'nots'. The 'nots' park randomly about the parking lots. The car people naturally gravitate toward their vehicle of choice, if it is present in the lot. You might find that _some_ of the 'other brands' parked close by might actually also be owners of Jeeps, but just not driving it that day.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
RoyJ

I ALWAYS look for jeeps to park next to in parking lots,,,, it's just the right thing to do!

paul

Reply to
paul

paul did pass the time by typing:

Yep. Parked the ZJ next to two other green ZJ's and when I got back out there was yet another, but it was a blue ZJ. Hung around a bit to see if one more would show up but it was getting past my dinnertime.

It's always a hoot when your on the highway and pick up a few other Jeepers to travel with. Did that a couple years back and it looked like a photo shoot. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III