Brake question for 2000 TJ

I am replacing the front disc pads on my 2000 TJ. In trying to push/pry the caliper piston back into the cylinder it won't budge. I removed the cap from the brake fluid resevoir and have a helper watching to make sure there is no overflow when (if!) the caliper ever moves...

Any ideas on how to get it to go back into the cylinder? I put a LOT of pressure on it so can't figure out why it is stuck.

I'm not having any problems with braking in day to day operation. Everything is working good the pads just need replacing.

Thanks!

Glenn

Reply to
gdv

L.W.(ßill)

It often moves so slooowwwwly that you often don't feel like you're compressing the piston at all. I just squeeze the brake pad back via its two ends until the piston starts to move back... and it does take some time and effort. I sometimes force them apart with some handy doo-dad laying close by but most often, I just use my hands.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks to both responses so far...they really helped...

and sorry about the double post...I didn't think I actually posted this one.

The c-clamp I have d> I use front end pliers to collapse the caliper while it's still

Reply to
gdv