Bright Yellow Fluid Leak

Threaded View
When I park my TJ after driving, I end up with several bright yellow
fluid drops on the snow below it. I can't see it leaking, but it
appears to be to the passenger side of center, towards the front of the
Jeep.

I can't think of what fluid would be fluorescent yellow. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
K.Campbell
'01 TJ

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Wry-mouth did pass the time by typing:

What ever it is, don't eat yellow snow. ;)

What color is your coolant or does the neighbor have a dog?

Could be a small leak from the heater core hose.

--
DougW

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak

: Wry-mouth did pass the time by typing:
: > When I park my TJ after driving, I end up with several bright yellow
: > fluid drops on the snow below it. I can't see it leaking, but it
: > appears to be to the passenger side of center, towards the front of the
: > Jeep.
: >
: > I can't think of what fluid would be fluorescent yellow. Any ideas?
:
: What ever it is, don't eat yellow snow. ;)

Doug, you SO beat me to that one!

KJK

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
     Me three.
        God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHughes3rd@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak

:     Me three.

It was a free shot.
KJK

:        God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: mailto:LWHughes3rd@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /
:
:
: "KJ.Kate" wrote:
: >
: > Doug, you SO beat me to that one!
: >
: > KJK

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Now that's talent,  in all my years of "autographing" hot liquid snow art, I
have never been able to project under a vehicle..   very well done.

Snow... :D

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Anti-freeze.

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

Possibly coolant overflow dripping down.

The other possibility would involve not allowing passengers to drink too
much flourescent beer.

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
That happens when I let my dogs out in the snow, too.

Seriously, if you have a later-model TJ with the amber coolant, that would
be my first guess.

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Is your TJ automatic? Could be terrible transmission fluid...

Carl

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Since you mention snow, this is a longshot, but are you using the windshield
washer fluid with a lower freezing point? Some of that stuff looks like
Gatorade.

Chris

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
It's manual, and my coolant is red/pink. It has no odor that I can
tell.

--
K.Campbell
'01 TJ

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
Condensation form the expansion (flex) pipe on the exhaust. I get it on all
my vehicles with the flex pipe.

BillM

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
     It's not going to be yellow, but you have the ice that will melt
from your air conditioner evaporator radiator used as a dyer during
defrost.
        God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHughes3rd@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /

Re: Bright Yellow Fluid Leak
KC,
My first reccomendation is to try depends for your Jeep, it is getting
on in years.
If your problem is legit...
Have you sprayed any type of product on your Jeep that would not
evaporate?  Chances are, whatever it is will not be dripping by the
time you read this.  I would put a piece of cardboard under my Jeep in
the 'alledged' drip area.  This would give you a good idea where to
place the Depends.
Steve in Michigan
97 TJ stock