Broken Gauges in YJ

I have a 91 YJ 4.0L manual with a broken gas gauge. It shows full all the time unless the ignition is off. The needle is past the full mark. When it's

3/4 empty it shows almost full. (1/8 tank used). What could be the problem? It's not so bad I just use the odo but it bothers me.

Also the coolant temp gauge and oil pressure gauge doesn't work sometimes after starting. Just tap on the gauge and it comes to life and stays that way. What could it be?

Also I don't really need a clock (doesn't really work), I don't have an automatic, could I replace that clock gauge with a transmission temp gauge? Does someone make one? Anything else I could put there?

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Hubley

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III