budget boost vs pucks

caught a thread above that had a link to Rubicon express's budget boost for a 2 inch lift, also in same thread someone suggested a body lift (pucks) for the 2 inch lift, anyone have opinions about either, I'd love to lift my jeep

2 inches, those are in my price range, I do very little off roading, but it has been known to happen. I appreciate any input anyone has about this subject ~Dave
Reply to
Closed

The spring spacer lift gives you ground clearance for winter snow or off road and allows a larger tire on.

The body lift stresses the crap out of the mounting points and 'only' allows for larger tires, it has no advantage for clearance. 2" is really pushing the structural limits for lateral stress on the mount points, even with proper 'mounts'.

And 'pucks' are the wrong term for a body lift. Using pucks is a good way to die or wreck your Jeep. They do not have the structural strength of a proper body mount and can fail in an impact allowing the body to part company with the frame.

Mike

Closed wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Go with the coil spacers, not the body lift. To follow are the comments of those wiser than me about all the extra stresses put on the tub and the increased forces to bolts that hold the tub to the frame when you body lift. You'll likely also see comments to the effect that body lifts above 1" (or at all some say) simply look bad.

On the other hand, I don't know that I've ever heard a bad thing about budget boosts. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with a little extra lift for a few bucks. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis