Camming an AMC V8

I don't know much about cams, so I'm looking for you're help on camming my CJ. I mostly drive it on the street, but I want it to be quite off-road capable as well. It's got an '82 Wagoneer 360 in it with a K&N filter, Edelbrock performer intake, Edelbrock 600cfm carb, MSD ignition with a Blaster II coil, headers, 2.5" duals with Dynomax SuperTurbos and SuperConverters, NV4500, 31" tars, and 3.31 rear end. I'd mostly like lower end torque out of it. What works well for you guys? Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Pete Stolz

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Hi Bill, Yeah I figured on the laughter, but that's what it's got right now, and I do plan on remedying that situation. I store it in winter, and when I get it out in spring, I usually do one major thing each year. I bought it new in '84 and it's mostly seen mud and some hills around here so I've gotten away with the 3.31s. I'll try those places. Thanks for the help Pete '84 CJ-7 with a bunch of engine mods. Looks pretty stock from the outside. '04 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue/White leather, bone stock.

Reply to
Pete Stolz

I got a cam from this maddog racing ebay store that's not too bad for about $40(new). It's in a '86 wagoneer with a 360. 280/289 duration and .450/.474 lift. Had enough oomph to destroy a 747 tranny.

Reply to
Unknown