can't find leak

I have a 1996 jeep Cherokee with automatic transmission. I have a problem that occurs only when I drive up a very steep grade for a long period of time. I?m leaking transmission fluid that gets on the exhaust system. I leak no fluid when I drive on level or slight grades. It never leaks fluid where it is parked. It doesn?t seem like it leaking from rear seal. Has anyone have any ideas where the leak could be coming from.

Thanks

Reply to
jrayupchurch

DanFXR

Sounds like you're getting the tranny hot pulling the hills, and it's spitting excess fluid out the vent tube. Check your fluid level and try pulling it back out of overdrive in the hills.

-- Old Crow '95 Wrangler YJ '82 FLTC-P "Pearl" TOMKAT, SENS, BS#133, MAMBM, SLOB#?

Reply to
Old Crow