Canadian sources for Jeep parts and off-road tires

Hello,

My name is Sean, i live in Ontario Canada. I just recently discovered this newsgroup and thought it would be a good source of information. I just recently bought an 87 YJ which i have already lifted with a 2.5" spring lift, rebuilt the stock 258 and added a new Weber carb and clifford header and a homemade 2.5" exhaust with a flowmaster 40series muffler. The leather seats i scavenged from a nissan. I'm building this Jeep for fun and off-road kicks, not for any off-road competitions.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me a good place to go for Jeep parts and where I can find Interco TSL tires, in Ontario would be best.

I was also wondering about lift shackles, which manufacturer has the best etc.

I hope to be able to offer any knowledge that I may have gained from the work I did on my Jeep. Thanks to all that read and those that can help.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Steve

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Roy J

I just read that again.

I thought you were going to off rod your rig, not put it on a show floor.

I have seen those TSL 'stuckbirds' in action once. I 'really' felt sorry for the poor Jeep driver. His 3 or 4 passengers were out pushing him across some muddy grass while a Pontiac Acadian full of kids drove in circles around him just pissing themselves laughing!

As far as I know those tires are 'show' tires only, they 'sure' won't go anywhere on our Ontario trails.

Mike

Sean wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hi Mike,

He didn't specify Interco TSL Thornbirds. Just guessing, but he's probably interested in Interco TSL Super Swampers:

Steve

Mike Roma> I just read that again.

Reply to
Steve

Ok, that makes more sense. I just hear and see folks going for those 'pretty' tires not knowing they are show tires.

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain