CANT PUSH CLUTCH PEDAL DOWN

So I'm driving today and go to shift nd the clutch wont budge, could not move it down. Thought I had ny foot on the brake btg mistake.

So start to hobble home in first gear and as I'm driving oedal is able to move so I can shift, seems to stick at the top but if I feather it gently the pedal moves so I can shift.

Did a search and mots posts indicate a master cyl issue. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Reply to
ufatbastehd

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Its 1 91 YJ AX15

Reply to
ufatbastehd

The retainer on the push rod in the master cylinder can pop out and the push rod jams against firewall as happened to me once. Try lifting up on the clutch pedal if it lifts then this is what has happened. I placed the rod back into the master cylinder and bungied the whole thing down to hold it in and drove home. '91 YJ also.

Reply to
jeff

Bill and Jeff thanks for he input. Jeff I tried to move the pedal up and she would not budge so I decided to remove the master cyl. When I did and moved the push rod it would stick. Installed a new one and she shifts like butter again

jeff wrote:

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Way Cool. I'm not sure I'm ready to do a clutch swap just yet!

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
ufatbastehd

My 91 was the same intermittent...the hydro clutch fluid got dirty over the years. Ended up stomping through the clog and blowing seal and actually bent 2 bolt firewall fange of old MC. Changing clutch fluid as maint. item was one thing I shoulda done.

Reply to
EDWARD BELLUS