Car alarm and installation help 96 XJ

I'm looking for some help and recommendations regarding car alarms and installations. Since most of the shops in my area(Philly, PA) want between $200-$500 to install a unit I'm thinking about doing it myself. I have a background in electronics, but not car electrical systems. Hoping that the two are similar I think I'm up to the task. Could anyone recommend a simple alarm/remote start/keyless entry system that I could install and not have to purchase additional relays? I don't want to spend more than 160.

I saw this unit on ebay but the description does not mention relays for the keyless entry.

Any links that you may be able to provide are appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Mad Izms

Mad Izms did pass the time by typing:

The difficult part in installing a vehicle alarm is getting to the

Reply to
DougW

I recently installed a bulldog keyless entry with a starter disable function at pep boys for 39.95 It took 3 hours to install after i bought the optional relay #773 for the starter kill. Was pretty easy after i found the wiring plug at the passenger door for all(two wires) to be cut and spliced. the starter kill relay was easy as i just cut into the under dash wire to the starter solenoid from the ignition key. relay was another 7.00 works great and you cannot start the truck unless you unlock with the remote buttons john review at

johnny