Carb question for 1990 Jeep Wrangler..

I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that has a rebuilt 258 Engine with the

4.0L head conversion setup installed. My next thing that needs to be done since I didn't do it with the rebuild is the carb. I have the original carb which I believe is the Carter 2bbl. What would be the cheapest and easiest option for me to get that Carb replaced or refurbished? I see carbs on ebay that say they will increase fuel efficiency and horsepower but looking for some feed back here as I have gotten some great information before from everyone.

Thanks.

Reply to
NewbieJeepGuy

Cheapest is rebuilding it yourself. It's not that hard to throw a rebuild kit at it. Next to that would be dragging it to a local good engine or carb shop and having them do it. Replacements are not cheap. Personally I'd rebuild. Learned on my Rochester 4M4 quadrajet and finding the parts I dropped it went smoothly.

:) Hint: Work on the ground so things don't bounce so far. One of my friends actually suggested cutting down a large plastic bucket.

DougW

As mentioned, a carb kit is easy to do and will just make them purr. Just don't unadjust anything you don't have to, to clean it and be real sure you count things like the turns the idle mix screws are at before you start,

Also pay close attention to the little U shaped steel line from the filter to the carb, it holds an amazing amount of crap.

Do you have all the emissions still hooked up and working?

Mike

2000 Cherokee Sport 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail > I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that has a rebuilt 258 Engine with the
Reply to
Mike Romain