CCV grommet

I have an 05 Wrangler 4.0 (2500 miles). It seems to be sweating some oil out of the CCV grommet at the fromt of the valve cover (the one that goes to the breather). I had to have the Jeep in the dealership for a soft top leak, so I had them check the valve cover; they said it was moisture and was ok. This doesn't seem right to me on an engine with 2500 miles. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Landers

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I didn't like it when that happened to our Cherokee at about 280K km so I used RTV on it after I cleaned it up really good.

Same for my 86 CJ7, got a new grommet for that, the only leak on that now is the filler cap.

I 'sure' wouldn't like it on a new engine....

Mike

Tim Landers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Yeah that's what the word moisture means to me, "water." This is not water, its oil.

Reply to
Tim Landers