CD, Cassette Radio Question

Hello all, I trust this isn't too off topic. I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee with the CD/Cassette/Am/FM radio set. Controls in the steering wheel etc. The CD quit the other day. It went back to playing the radio and the little disc icon was not lit up. I had difficulty removing the CD but it finally came out. Later I put in a CD cleaning disc. It played fine and I thought all was well. Trying another disc, didn't work. I tried the cleaning disc again and it didn't work. Later that day, I tried a disc and it played well. It worked for a few days. Now it's died again and won't work on anything. So, other than going on E-Bay and getting a refurbed unit, is there anything else I can try on this? Thanks all Denny

In article , D wrote: #Hello all, #I trust this isn't too off topic. I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee with the #CD/Cassette/Am/FM radio set. Controls in the steering wheel etc. #The CD quit the other day. It went back to playing the radio and the #little disc icon was not lit up. I had difficulty removing the CD but it #finally came out. #Later I put in a CD cleaning disc. It played fine and I thought all was #well. Trying another disc, didn't work. I tried the cleaning disc again #and it didn't work. #Later that day, I tried a disc and it played well. It worked for a few days. #Now it's died again and won't work on anything. #So, other than going on E-Bay and getting a refurbed unit, is there #anything else I can try on this?

Short of being covered under a extended warranty, your choices are replace the head unit, upgrade the head unit, or live with the broken head unit.

You might want to check out wjjeeps.com for ideas.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Thank you for the advice Herb. Denny