CD/Radio Question

What would cause my CD player to not work one day, work the next day, then all my presets to disappear, but radio still has the correct time? It is a factory radio/cd, never had a problem before. I can only come up with ghosts &/or aliens causing it. Thanks.

Reply to
Horsedoc

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Sounds like a loose connection, could be as close as the radio wiring harness or as far away as the battery. Most clocks will keep time for an extended period without power whereas the presets won't.

You might also mention vehicle make/model, sometimes this helps. Others may have experienced similar problems on same vehicle.

Reply to
JimG

Electrical shorts and moisture in the unit.

I haven't been able to get a CD player to last more than 2 years in my wrangler.

Reply to
Mark12211

I wish there existed an in-dash mp3 player/radio than takes CF cards. Just think, no moving parts. All I can find are portable mp3 players that can be plugged into an aux input. But then you have more stuff floating around.

CF cards are getting cheap...I just got a 1 gigabyte card for my camera at Sam's Club for something like $75 US...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

They exist, the problem is certain entities are fighting to keep them out of the US market. Same groups that fought against MP3 players, Mini disc, DAT, Cassette, etc. Eventually they will loose.

What I want is a WiFi enabled car system that can download new MP3s from my home server. Or even from satellite radio. They are getting there but for now if you want one you have to roll your own.

Reply to
DougW

All you need is to find someone going to the Orient.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Do they exist in Canada? I live just across the Detroit River...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Hmm.. a friend of mine works at Ford's Tokyo office...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo