Champion Winches

Anybody know anything about these winches?

Reply to
Mythic

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Sooooo?????

All I could really find were marine and tow truck use. You know industrial stuff vs an off road 'toy' like Warn.

I am also curious. No links Bill?

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Interesting, Thanks. They even offer rebuild parts with numbers to order unlike Warn apparently according to another thread I was reading.

I can see some of you get what you pay for so it would be interesting to see how they go long term. One ATV user I heard of swears by them.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

how about pricing?

Reply to
wraithyjeep

more info

wraithyjeep

Inexpensive big time. This is from a recent Canadian post on a local to me Jeep club board: 8000lbs winch, mounting plate, handheld remote and

150 ft of cable at costco for under $400.

Mike

wraithyjeep wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

at costco sweet going to get membership tomorrow. hope Kingston costco has them

Reply to
wraithyjeep

ok update whole skid of these in stock $389 each getting mine tomorrow today removed "jeep" cover off front of yj and removed tow hooks 2 bolts out and two snapped. tomorrow pre install

Reply to
wraithyjeep

ok goot my champion winch from costco $447 cdn after taxes holes on the winch mount plate don't line up to the frame on a yj where the tow hooks are one side lines up other is off there by not centering the winch mount plate. so I opted to cut the holes longer so that it sits centered and using nearly the holes that fit that go under tow hooks. also had to cut away metal off the front of the winch mount plate so that I could remount my tow hooks now just need to cut hole in bumper so that winch fastening bolts clear the bumper so that it lays flat against the bumper. all in all looks good after I repainted the winch mount. just need new tow hook bolts that also double as winch plate mount bolts. all said and done I'm pretty happy with it.

Reply to
wraithyjeep

I purchased one of the Champion Winches last month and I couldn't be happier with it...I've used it prolly over 30 times already and works like a Champion! I have run into one small problem...while I was in the cab of my Jeep a friend was trying to slip the clutch ring into free spool mode without giving the cable slack first and tried to force the ring which wouldn't budge so I come to find out he used plyers on it and cracked the tab that slides the ring up and down... so I wrote the company and they mailed me back saying that they have sold over 4000 of these models in Canada without any problems... but they said they will send me a new clutch ring as well as picture by quality digital pictures showing in detail how to replace the clutch ring and put it back together and as for the inconvenience of it all they also through in some goodies...the fed ex dude shows up with two big boxes...in my letter I had mentioned that I drive a TJ and they sent me a new winch mounting plate that they just come out with designed specifically for the TJ, also in the box was a new winch cable, a vinyl Champion Winch cover, a bunch of Champion golf shirts, keychain neck ties and some tether straps.....wowie! now that's customer service.. Now is the wait to see the actual lifespan of the winch although I would have to say it's pretty well paid itself off already anyways... The thing is I couldn't afford a Warn and at $389. Cnd. man I had to give 'er a go...I now proceed all t6he way into my fishing hole where as before I didn't wanna take the chance of getting stuck there by myself... They told me that they stand behind their winch 150% and they really proved that to me :)

Jeff

"wraithyjeep" wrote in message news:5VRde.5034$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Jeep

Thanks for the write up. Just FYI, my Warn HS9000i also will jam if you try to flip it to free spool with tension on the cable. I figured this was a safety thing.

Mike

Jeep wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain