change headlighs

Hi gang:

What is the best way to change a lightbulb on the passenger side? I could not get access to it. I read the book and it was talking about removing the housing and the heat grille or whatever. I am thinking removing the battery but if there's a easier way, do tell. PLease, feel free to explain to me like I"m an idiot, I won't mind :)

Thanks..

Any NJ mechanics around that want to hook up my exhaust manifold? once I ordered it from the Internet. Ofcourse you will be paid.

_John.

Reply to
John

First thing you need to tell us is what year and model Jeep you have.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

doh!

1995 Jeep GC Laredo.

-John

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
John

How many ramj+w subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

8^]
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Give us a hint John, we assume it's some kind of Jeep but if you could narrow it down for us it would help!

Jeff DeWitt

John wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

HEADLAMP BULB REMOVAL

CAUTION: Do not touch the bulb glass with fingers

or other oily surfaces. Reduced bulb life will result.

(1) Lift hood to access lamps.

(2) Reach into engine compartment and locate lock

ring supporting the headlamp bulb assembly.

(3) Rotate the lock ring 1/8 turn counterclockwise

(Fig. 4).

(4) Pull the bulb straight out from the housing.

(5) Install new bulb.

billy ray

Hi all,

This is cool, if it were on the driver side, unobstructed by the freakin battery. I know I have small and softhand (so I've been told) but I can't wiggle my way into it, hehe. I still think I need to take the battery out to get to the bulb.

-John.

billy ray wrote:

John

Sorry, the manual doesn't give separate instructions for the driver and passenger sides. That excerpt is the whole Headlamp Bulb Removal Section of the '95 ZJ Factory Service Manual.

billy ray

My guess is 25... One to hold the bulb, and 24 to rotate the Jeep!

Reply to
JimG

How many psychiatrists does ti take to change a light bulb?

It only takes one, but the light bulb really has to want to change.

How many Californians does it take to change a light bulb?

  1. 1 to change the bulb, and 11 to fill out the environmental impact report.

And, my personal favorite, How many teamsters does it take to change a light bulb?

  1. Got a problem with that?
Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Must be a NJ Teamster shop!

-J

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
John

How many pre-Copernicus astronomers does it take to change a light bulb?

One, he holds the bulb and the universe revolves around it.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Yup, got to pull the battery,

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Thank you!

Is it hard? which should I pull first? Positive or Negative? don't want to fry anything, cause I need the car to make a trip but I need to change that bulb, nothing says "Pull me over" to a bored cop more than a busted headlight.

-John Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
John

Especially if you're an out of towner.

Driving a Jeep

With "FEAR THIS" sticker.

Tinted Windows..

OK Ok, I'm done. :)

-John

Busted Exhaust Manifold..

Running...

John wrote:

Reply to
John

Negative first... always...

Reply to
billy ray

Sorry guys, I punked out and went to Walmart. $4.80.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy New Year.

-John.

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
John