Check engine light

I have a 91 wrangler that the check engine light wont shut off. At one time it had code stored and they have been cleared. Now the only code is 55 which is no more codes.

Any idea on how to turn the light off?

Reply to
BobO

on my 1989 YJ, I had to disconnect the wires that run from the light on the dash to the counter mounted under the dash. On my YJ the only thing the counter does is count the number of miles your Jeep goes. After about 72,000 miles the light comes on and stays on. You can't turn it off. It signals that it is time to change the O2 sensor. The only way to get the light to go off is to unplug the counter, or to replace the counter for $45. The new counter will set the light off at around 144,000 miles letting you know it's time to change the O2 sensor again. Or you can save the $45 and just remember when to change the O2 sensor.

It explained in detail in a Hayne's manual.

Reply to
Mark12211