Cherokee clutch problem

My 96 Jeep Cherokee (6, 5 speed) has a problem. The clutch has been releasing closer to the floor and some other car folks agreed with my belief that it is a hydraulic problem

The problem is getting worse and I'm going to have to do something about

it sooner rather than later. What I'm planning on doing is replacing the clutch master and slave cylinders. Have any of you worked on one of

these things, and are there any nasty surprises I should look for? Jeep

didn't do something stupid like put the slave cylinder inside the bellhousing did they? I DON'T want to farm this out but this is my daily driver and I can't have it down for any length of time.

Thanks!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(ßill)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

This is a pretty easy job. No need for any bleeding or anything. You just buy the hydraulic system from Jeep and it comes with the slave all in a unit that is self contained. Take the old off and put the new on. I just did this a few months ago on my 96 XJ.

Curt

Reply to
curt

Good heavens Bill, have you been drinking. We are talking '96 XJ here as stated in the guys first sentence.

Respectfully, Curt

Reply to
curt

Hi Matt, Oops, looks like another senior moment. Looks like I should quote before I start to write, and find my graphics, and of course proof read, something I've never taken the time to do. To answer your question, judging by their prices the switch from internal to external slaves seems to be '94 Cherokee sixes:

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Matt Macchiarolo wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Gentlemen, thank you very much, it looks like I'm going to fix it this weekend.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt